Today, more than two billion people lack access to the most basic things—clean drinking water, adequate sanitation, reliable passage to local markets and more. EWB-USA’s vision is a world in which the communities they serve have the capacity to sustainably meet their basic human needs.
EWB-USA members are in remote corners of the world right now working hard to make EWB-USA’s vision a reality. As a result of EWB-USA’s ongoing projects, children can cross sturdy bridges to attend school, local clinics have consistent supplies of electricity, and accessing clean water isn’t a full-day chore for families.
EWB-USA’s vision is ambitious but achievable and everyone has an important role to play—including you. Every contribution to their cause helps EWB-USA engineer a better world. Visit www.ewb-usa.org to learn more and get involved.
- EWB-USA was founded by Dr. Bernard Amadei in 2002 at the University of Colorado Boulder
- EWB-USA currently has 15,900 members
- EWB-USA has 277 student and professional chapters across the United States
- EWB-USA has impacted more than 2,500,000 lives through EWB-USA projects
- Project areas include water, energy, agriculture, civil works, structures, sanitation.
- Since 2002, EWB-USA has worked in more than 47 countries around the world
- EWB-USA’s Executive Director is Cathy Leslie, P.E., F. ASCE
- EWB-USA Headquarters are located at the Posner Center for International Development in Denver, Colorado